Re: Live looping with bass and vocals.

> After my last burn out at the Y2K9 with my Lappy and mobius I haven't
> touched it. I had all these elaborate pieces that I learned to play
> backwards and then reversed them, and some really cool spacey stuff going
> on in stereo using different channels. I ended up with just one channel
> and keeping my looping really basic.

Hi Andre,
I remember that moment as the day of yesterday. I had something
similar during a live gig last February when, after 10 minutes, my Mac
stopped producing any sound.....nothing but silence..... Anyway, I was
lucky I had a DD-20 with me so I decided to continue with just that.
Wow.....that felt like an acoustic improv gig! No effects, no ambient
and spacey background textures which is my brand....a complete
nightmare. I did sell 10 CD's though so I guess I was doing alright
given the circumstances. Later, I found the cause, a bug in Mainstage.

Anyway, I decided to build a new rig consisting of both hard-and
software so I bought a M13 and re-introduced my beloved DD-20. I use
them as pre-loopers but in case the laptop should stop working, I can
also use them as a backup looping system. The laptop is used for
Bidule, Mobius, Expert Sleepers, Native Instruments synth plugins and
the live recordings. So far, it works ok but not 100% stable yet so I
have to test it very well before I do any gig with this setup. Testing
means 2 or 3 live improv recordings 1-2 hours...than I'm confident
enough that the setup will work. The problem I have now is that Bidule
crashes, but only after several hours. Looks like a memory leak in
some plugin but I need to sort it out before I draw any conclusions.

Looks like many of us are looking for the ultimate setup but haven't
found it yet. For me, I think a resonably priced 3-track stereo looper
with feedback control, sync, reverse, half speed, double speed, good
audio components (head room, noise) is all I need.

 --
Sjaak Overgaauw
http://premonitionfactory.com/