Re: RC-50 - Synching w. MIDI metronome

Rick's great M9/DL4 post may be the answer to what I'm asking
(practice more, try to sync/quantize less), but I'd still like to see
what y'all think in terms of a technical solution to what I'm trying
to do.

To clear up the original post, I'd like to have my drummer hear his
click as usual regardless of whether I'm recording, playing back, or
not even engaging the RC-50 (aside from having it turned on and
connected to his metronome via MIDI, of course). This way, I can
quantize the loops I record live to the same clock that he's listening
to. If his metronome doesn't start until I start recording (b/c it's
slaved to the RC-50), he doesn't get the click that he needs for other
parts of the song when I'm not recording a loop, which is no good.

Maybe the most distilled version of the question is:  Is it possible
for me to quantize the loops I'm recording live to the click that my
drummer is playing to?

Facebook.com/ArmadaForPresident
Armada-Band.com