Re: Rép : Multi-tracks loopers questions

 Andy Said:
multiply the EDP keeps track of "Cycles". Even though you multiplied it doesn't forget how long the original loop was.
That's why it's good to keep the first (master )loop you recorded separate,
and not multiply it.

I agree

;-) but then if you want to Stop/Start a few times you end up
with a massive loop

True, thats why I have multiply on a separate preset, I was just giving an example of a possible combination preset that would work ,if not ideally..   For example I always double up erase and feedback, 100% because when I end a piece and hit an all tracks command (either by  a midi foot-controller preset or front panel switch) and then an erase command I want to not only erase all of my tracks, i want to return them all  to the same feedback level before starting a new  piece. Multiple command combinations can allow you to do such things as  create ABC song forms like Steve lawson uses, i believe there is documentation of that on the website, but if you can't find it I'll write out the various preset combos and pass them along.

I wouldn't say the EDP has less possibilities than the LP1.
More that they are different.

 OK lets agree to disagree :-) But you are right in that they are different beasts. viva la difference!!!!!

The Midi learn on the LP1 is incredibly easy to use.
...but I'm still working on finding the right
combinations of commands to do the things I consider essential
and still keep the number of buttons down to one bank of 10.

Do you use the extra two jacks on your Little Giant ? that would give you 12 presets per bank +2  expression pedals, but why limit yourself to one bank anyway?
I'm currently up to 6 banks of twelve  and climbing though there are redundancies on all banks of obvious presets like Sync Record/Overdub, but you are right its a challenge to decide on combi-presets

So far I didn't hit on a way to re-Record an existing track with one press.
(Erase>Record on LP1 is too slow)

here is how, create a preset with quantize replace repeated, thats right put two commands of quantize replace on one preset, and set the quantize factor to 1, if you have a loop already going, all you have to do his hit that preset once and it will execute a replace command for the entire loop length and close when done. is that what you were asking to do

Bill