RE: Rép : Multi-tracks loopers questions

Hi there,

I have been re visiting the "am I using the right hardware" issue again myself recently.

the last time I looked at this, th e LP1 had just come out. I loved pretty much everything about it apart from the idea of how multiply was done..i couldnt seem to get anyone to tell me straight this simple question..

can I set up an fcb1010 button to begin to count multiple cycles of the currantly recorded material , whilst adding a new longer layer of sound and then upon a second press round this  to the next cycle boundry ....IE a la EDP?

thanks

> Date: Mon, 12 Jul 2010 15:57:46 -0700
> From: looppool@cruzio.com
> To: Loopers-Delight@loopers-delight.com
> Subject: Rép : Multi-tracks loopers questions
>
> You mentioned that you don't like the interface of the Looperlative LP1
> but it makes me think that you may not understand how it works.
>
> With it you use any midi pedals that you want. You then use the front
> panel of the
> LP-1 to, very rapidly, customize your pedal board to do anything you
> want it to do.
>
> There is NO complex midi programming. Additionally, any midi pedal
> push can create
> up to 8 different commands (Mobius has a similar approach, I believe,
> though I don't know for sure)
> so you can do very sophisticated moves in a song.............double
> speeding/reversing/bouncing tracks
> with one push kind of things.
>
> At NAMM I had to reprogram an FCB 1010 using the LP-1. It took me
> under 10 minutes
> to configure 5 really sophisticated banks exactly the way I wanted them.
>
> It's literally, the easiest sophisticated looper I've ever used.
>
> It also will do every single thing that you have wanted to do.
>
> It's ability to have synced or un synced tracks, to group tracks, to
> change which tracks are the
> master on the fly is so amazingly versatile.
> It's slicing and dicing capabilities are also very cool and you can even
> program a bank
> (as I have) as a virtual 'melotron' to play melodies with retriggers of
> your loops.
> I use this technique a lot.
>
> It is an expensive unit, but considering what it can do and as a
> dedicated piece of gear
> it is not overpriced (also considering the profit margin on making them,
> too).
>
> As an example, it costs under what two RC-50s would cost and does
> vastly more than
> twice what they can accomplish.
>
> Also, it's continually upgrading and upgrades are free for the life of
> the unit. There's no hardware
> out there that I"ve ever experienced that does offers that kind of
> continual growth.
>
> I love mine and am very, very happy with it.
>
> you might reconsider.
>
> yours, Rick
>
> ps I own a Repeater too but be careful........they are no longer made
> and they are starting to fall apart with age.
> There still is some repair back up on them, though.

Get a new e-mail account with Hotmail - Free. Sign-up now.