Re: perPlex'd

On 8 Jul 2010, at 22:30, Loaf citious wrote:

> I'm having some trouble w/ my new (old) Obie in regards to button
> described here:
>
> http://www.loopers-delight.com/tools/echoplex/FAQ6.html
> (bottom of the page, consequently -  I think I'm a candidate for
> the resistor mod mentioned in the middle)
>
> However, it seems the serial number of this unit got some digits
> missing from the sticker due to rack rash and I really
> couldn't look it up if I tried.

thats not so critical. you can cut off the pin of the 0804 anyway
if it does not help, it does not harm
the resistor change is only fixing audio levels that may not harm you
and you see quickly whether the resistors are changed already

> I bought this unit from Warren S. (big thanks, I love it!) and it had
> the full memory upgrade.

I suspect he did any changes needed...

>  Then I ordered new chips and crystals. Put
> everything in and it synced up really great w/ my blackface - very
> happy about that.
>
> But, this weirdness in the buttons...Today I got home and turned on
> the Single Obie, not connected to anything and the buttons all did
> what they were supposed to.  Then brother synced it and was have a
> great learning experience when the buttons started doing it again.
> The buttons problem is is the same on the foot pedel.
>
> Are these things directly linked? it's obviously not the foot pedel if
> the buttons do the same exact thing.

well observed. maybe its the 0804 pin really.

> How can I find out if what year this thing is?
>
> Is the 5th pin removal option still relevant to Loop IV?

yes, its not software related