RE: analogue guitar

I asked about buying one but he said it isn't ready. Maybe it isn't too late to influence his design. I agree, if it doesn't play like a guitar(string bend,et al)then it is just a trade off.

From: Gareth Whittock <buddhamachine@live.co.uk>
Sent: June 26, 2010 10:55 AM
To: loopers-delight@loopers-delight.com
Subject: RE: analogue guitar

Thanks Tom,
Yes, I'm aware of fretX. I got excited when I read about it but
a    You can't bend strings on this system - This is a huge one for me. I intend to use either pressure sensors or normal midi pickup bend information.
b   I'm not sure it's touch sensitive - again, I'd probably use standard midi data for this.
c   It doesn't use a string of resistors. It uses multiplexing. I'm not wedded to the notion of using resistors but multiplexing is probably beyond my skills.

If this guy added string bending and sensitivity to his design, I'd just save up and buy one of those. I'm only getting involved in the design to add to my guitar's capabilities..

Gareth