Re: Was Walker Bros Elegies now Ebow and technique

Heh, ditto here.  I remember reading about RF using a magnet device but it
was a supposition I suspect.  One of the uses of an Ebow acknowledged by
the
company who makes 'em is on a live performance of "Heroes", but Mr Fripp
wasn't the guitarist-in-question.  Perhaps Reeves Gabriels?  I mistook him
for RF initially in the Tin Machine video for "Under the God", but was
corrected quickly by Someone Who Knew.

I wish I still had the literature that came with mine - as it listed The
Cars' "Since You're Gone" as having had an Ebow used on it - but a look at
their web site lately does not list the item.  So I stand corrected in
this
regard!

I was a bit chagrined when a review of a show in 2001 compared my playing
Fripp's.  I am perhaps derivative on that level, but I'll admit I love
using
the device on my acoustic guitar the best.  Portable and wonderful to use
and without amplification.  So I'm an unapologetic Ebow player.  Given
some
folks' dislike of it perhaps that's why I never had anything on any of the
LD CDs, hm?

From: "Jeff Duke" <jeff_d@embarqmail.com>