International Live Looping Day and honoring Kim Flint

Ted posted this:
"I know many, many people made significant contributions in the early
development of looping, but in memory of Kim, here's a vote to make Nov.
9 an International Looping Day."

with this reply:
"I wonder if Kim knew his birthdate was also picked as World Freedom
Day?  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_Freedom_Day  :-)

"Officializing" a commemorative day may be more far challenging than I
thought!  I'll keep looking into what it might take, however."

For what it is worth,   the Mayor of Santa Cruz has declared
"International Live Looping Day" in the city on every Saturday
of the Y2K Looping Festival every year for the past several years
(including giving out Keys to the City to some of the headlining artists)

This will happen again this year and I will make sure that a special
paragraph is added to the City's proclamation
this year honoring Kim and the contributions to our global looping
community.

I'll have a special copy made up for Violet and write her to ask her if
she'll grace us with her presence when the
Mayor comes to make the proclamation so that the Mayor can present it to
her in person.

Blessings everyone.     Spend time with the ones you love.       Make
the music you love.

Rick Walker