Re: tragic news

So much continues to flow, such an outpouring as it should be.  I posted thoughts earlier and don't mean to run on here.  I didn't meet Kim directly and I wasn't here in the beginning but did know of him and his influence through posts, words of Rick and so many others, to know what an inspired force he was that gave definition and spirit to this concept and this community.  It's hard to let go of life and tragic when death seems to claim someone that we think of as 'before his time'.  Just awful findings today, what a difference in a blink of an eye.  It's fathers day (I which am one) anticipating my family's celebration which loveingly took place this evening, came out of a 12noon Digitsignal show that despite a little bit of technical stability was wonderful, chatting with my bandmates on the channel page at one moment, then shifted over to Gmail for a sec and saw Violet's horrible news, just awful, very much like the day I learned of Michael Hedges untimely death also claimed by moving vehicle accident, all just seems such a waste when these things happen, just very sorry for Violet and whatever family of Kim's that are.

Re Cara, positive of you to reflect those memories that were so reinforcing to you and clearly this list.  I do think some kind of musical interaction would be a good thing.  A few of us here 'stream' live gigs to the web and have been a part of a combined festival of virtual performances.  Something of that feels positive but maybe something more perm like producing a physical or digital download distribution would be better.  I recall a while back some folks here got into releasing a Loopers CD and though was a great force it got bogged down in what felt like unnecessary replication issues that aren't as important these days and I don't' mean to step on toes here.  It would be fairly easy for everyoen to record a piece in memory of Kim and have a project producer which I'd belly up to the bar if noone else feels time or other, and launch/post a Bandcamp page.  From there to make a short-run CD of the content would again not be painful or costly.  Friend and partner in above ref'd Digitsignal would probably gladly do a graphics package.  This is all premature in a way but I think some such is in order and if interest in the Bandcamp idea post your thoughts.  Again I don't mean to overstep or overextend here, I clearly am somewhat of newbie here and did not personally know Kim but the news still sucks.  Heart goes out...

Jim [Goodin]
woodandwiremusic.wordpress.com
www.chinapaintingmusic.com