Re: semi OT - Guitar Synths

"did you try the Axon system yet?"

Yes i have, that's a good one and I like the zones feature that will allow you to cross fade sounds based on the plucking hands position relative to the bridge.. Perhaps a bit tighter tracking on bass strings than the Roland.  Regarding tuneamatics, both the RMC and the Ghost saddles respond better with less vibration related issues than the Bagg's made system, If they made a tone pros tuneamatic with the ghost or RMC saddles, you would really be cooking with gas, as the tone pros stuff really cleans up that issue. I heard a early 80's 335 that  had some bridge vibration noise totally clear up after putting on a TP tuneamatic and stop tail piece.   I agree with your assessment of the Roland JV1010, definitely synth-lite,  I was talking about something more along the lines of this,  http://www.rolandus.com/products/productdetails.php?ProductId=712&ParentId=20, you know the expensive stuff i can't really afford :-)
And I agree about using the midi protocol for real time effects control as being potentially more intriguing,, unless of course I was powering a really good virtual suite of orchestral sounds. I saw a demo of Vienna Orchestral sounds  2 years ago at NAMM, that blew my socks off.
Bill