Mobius+Mainstage2: Multiple Inputs Work!

Hi folks

sorry for cross-posting, but this might be intresting for some of you
(I'll post it also on Mobius forum as soon as it's back).

I'd like to inform you that I have successfully managed to setup Mobius
with multiple [I]inputs[/I] (not outputs) in Mainstage2! :-))

I'm really happy with this because now I can do:
Looping with Track 1 > Post-Track1-FX > Looping with Track 2.

This way, you can chain several Mobius tracks, run through FX and back to
Mobius etc.

The trick is to use [I]two[/I] instances of Mobius that run in parallel,
do the exact thing but have different routing settings.
You'll need to set up two instances, MobiusA and MobiusB. MobiusA will use
Track1, MobiusB will use Track2

If you want to do it, see walk-through below.

best regards
Buzap

--

Let's walk through an example:
Assume you want to achieve this:

Create an Aux channel "ALLINSTRUMENTS" on Concert level where all
instruments run into.
On ALLINSTRUMENTS, set Output to Main.
Create two additional Aux channels "PRELOOPA" and "PRELOOPB" on Concert
level.
On ALLINSTRUMENTS, set up sends to PRELOOPA & PRELOOPB (100% send).

Setup MobiusA like described by Per for multiple outputs:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/15515975@N00/3936367073/
On MobiusA, you just need to setup one additional Aux strip for Mobius3-4
(host plugin no. 2 in Mobius).
In MobiusA plugin, sidechain PRELOOPA as described by Per.
In MobiusA(1-2) channel, the Output goes to -noOutput-.
In MobiusA(3-4) aux channel "Mobius3-4", the Output goes to Main.
In MobiusA(3-4) aux channel "Mobius3-4", setup send to PRELOOPB (100%
send).

Setup MobiusB like described by Per for multiple outputs:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/15515975@N00/3936367073/
On MobiusB, setup [I]no[/I] host Aux channel (but make sure it is multi
output!!).
In MobiusB plugin, sidechain PRELOOPB as described by Per.
In MobiusB(1-2) channel, the Output goes to Main.

Almost there... Make the following configuration settings inside Mobius
(A/B should be same, restart Mainstage to make sure):
- Go to Configuration > Global Parameters > [I]Uncheck[/I] "Monitor Audio
Input"
- Setup full midi/key control for everything you need to do (esp.
selecting right track). YOU SHOULD NOT USE ANY SCREEN-BASED OPERATION
ANYMORE. This is important to make sure that both MobiusA & MobiusB do
[I]exactly[/I] the same thing.

Save everything and restart Mainstage to be sure.
Now you can loop the way you want. Track 1/2 should be chained. You can
add additional effects on the corresponding aux channels (i.e. PreLoopB)
if you want. You can also open one of the MobiusA/B GUI instances for
monitoring.
[B]Just make sure you don't change anything on the screen.[/B] Use only
midi/keyboard bindings.

That's it! :-)
Enjoy.

Buzap

PS: perhaps somebody can post a picture of this. Setup looks easier than
it sounds.