Re: Digitech Jamman Delay Looper

Hi Tom
I love to improvise and enjoy exploring different sounds.
I also use stereo effects adding more dimension.

The first time I realised that I needed MIDI synced effects was when I
was jamming with my SMMH looper.  Among other things I use an
Adrenalinn3 multi-FX with time based modulation sequencer, nova delay,
plus delays on the SMMH.  The delays were long and needed to be in time
with each other, the modulations and loop for everything to work.

I did my utmost to get the loop length to match everything else,
 lay down a groove just under 30 seconds, started improvising over it
overdubbing as I went along.  Initially it sounded great, but after a
minute things began to drift out of time with the loop giving it a
chorus effect, then slap back, then it all became obviously out of time
and fell apart.  Extremely frustrating.

With good MIDI sync effects & looper this won't happen.

The other thing MIDI is useful for is using a midi controller like the
FCB1010 foot pedal to change settings and programs.  At the moment I use
it to control my Adrenalinn3, pretty essential in my view.

You could use a drum machine for master sync.
The Adrenalinn has a simple drum machine and can send midi sync signals,
but it doesn't provide start and stop signals, or anything else for that
matter which will be important with a looper.  There are a number of
other devices that can be used to control midi timing.

My long term goal, assuming I find a good midi-sync looping device for
my floorboard, is to get a Gordious Little Giant to go along with my
FCB1010 midi controller which among many other features can act as midi
sync master - and can send start, stop, and provide a midi timing
signal.  I'd connect the controller to a 4 way midi break out box
directly connected to Adrenalinn3, as well as whatever looper I end up
with, and a couple of other effects pedals - most likely Eventide
ModFactor and TimeFactor.

Cheers,
-- G.