Re: random and control (was: Sco live reverse looping)

> YES! pity loopers do it so rarely... is it because they use the looper as
> source of randomness?

I think it may be because it takes an even greater amount of
sensitivity to use loops with other people.  Not only do you have to
keep track of your playing and respond to what is happening, but you
have to keep track of your loops and how people are responding to them
too.  I love looping and I love playing with other people using
looping but I really hate it when I get to a situation where I feel
stiffed by someone else's loop that they aren't paying attention to.
That get's old really fast.

And of course another reason is many people take up looping because
they can't find the people to play with in the first place (geography,
space, social skills, what not).

Kevin

--
Till now you seriously considered yourself to be the body and to have a
form. That is the primal ignorance which is the root cause of all trouble.

- Ramana Maharshi (1879-1950)

Sound and Vision:  http://www.minds-eye.org
Video http://www.vimeo.com/user877640/videos