Re: granular plugins for mac?

On Wed, May 26, 2010 at 3:07 PM, Simeon Harris
<simeonharris40@googlemail.com> wrote:
> live audio treatments, rather then sound file manipulation

Check out Livecut by Mdsp @ Smartelectronix!
Free to download at http://www.smartelectronix.com/

Granular processing is always problematic in a live situation because
graunules can not be assembled from the future, only from audio having
already passed the plug-in. If my memory serves me correctly Livecut
works also for a live audio input. But then it is not really a
granular processing but rather a cut up thingy. You can set
randomization and minimal slice length very short and make it sound
pretty "granular".

Then there is also the classic trick of running a midi step sequencer
to burst fast note sequences into Augustus Loop in order to manipulate
its pitch. The other of Os plug-in's.... Crossfade Loopsynth (had to
Google it to recall the name - a fav of mine!) can also been abused in
that way with granular sounding results.

Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
www.boysen.se
www.perboysen.com