Re: Rafa's One Man Band - Impact of looping -

Per,
Good point, I saw the guitar playing more as guitar plus percussion at times. Yea The Benevento Russo Duo have some great tunes, and I highly recommend checking them out!

On Tue, May 11, 2010 at 2:28 PM, Per Boysen <perboysen@gmail.com> wrote:
On Tue, May 11, 2010 at 11:11 PM, Rafael Nunes <supersimples@gmail.com> wrote:
> All this talk of multi tasking on one instrument brought this video to mind:
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q1PU3FKOrDs

Really cool video! But it is not much multitasking in playing a bass
line that pretty much follows the chords. I would rather say that the
bass line is part of the chord playing here. Real multitasking is when
playing two lines that go different ways but line up at the bottom
line by counterpoint, canon, poly rhythm or such. What we see in this
video is a musician using two hands to fulfill one task.

The organ duo/trio videos were cool too. The Hammond can be a mean
funk machine.

Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
www.boysen.se