Re: Rafa's One Man Band - Impact of looping -

I agree with the first point completely, more talent is better than less talent, always. On the second point however, I'm not sure. I've found that using my setup there are so many variables for potentially "good mistakes" that it is almost as surprising, and challenging, as playing with a full band. From bum notes turning into foundations for new loops, to loops being in reverse, or sped down or up when you press record, to effects I forgot I turned on for one looper (beat slicers, delays, distortions etc) and the never turned off. There's a lot of ways in which the safe bubble created by live looping can be punctured in fun ways. I still completely agree on the first point though, a band is a band. That said, I've never had an easier time convincing my band of the songs I want to play hehe.
Rafa

On Tue, May 11, 2010 at 8:40 AM, Per Boysen <perboysen@gmail.com> wrote:
On Tue, May 11, 2010 at 5:31 PM, Rafael Nunes <supersimples@gmail.com> wrote:
> I think we are finally getting to a stage where one guy, with many loops can
> really be as enthralling as a full band.

I think we will never reach that stage for two reasons: For one it's
is more fun to watch more than one people create music on a stage and
secondly, one person doing live looping can not surprise and inspire
himself in the same creative way as members in an ensemble may
surprise and inspire each other.

Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
www.boysen.se