Re: EXP mode without external pedal?

cnovey@gmail.com wrote:
> Can I use a midi controller for EXP mode? Maybe use a dummy plug in exp
>pedal jack?

er..so just remind us what EXP mode does ;-)

from what I remember, the loop is frozen when in "Play",
and feedback works while Overdubbing.

I'd always assumed that the "expert" of EXP(pert) Mode was Claude Voit,
and so when Matt asked me to think about the interface modes I left
it alone. ...but turns out that *no-one* knows where that mode came from,
except that it's some kind of emulation of Boomerang.

Truth is, I don't know how the feedback will perform in EXP mode
when you use midi control for feedback .

>I'm wanting to use my fcb1010 in exp mode without additional pedal.

In cases like this, best thing is to try it and see.

Also, keep us informed about what you're actually trying
to achieve by using that mode.
Currently the interface modes have been dropped from loop5
development as it's possible to do most of those functions
with sophisticated midi control.

andy