Re: OT: stolen gear

uff thats heavy,lesson for all to be learned....

2010/4/15 Florian Anwander <fanwander@mnet-online.de>
HI Louie

wow man,you would think by such valuable inventory they would have somebody looking out!
The website says "Basically everything that was on display in Frankfurt was stolen (even our banners, suits & suitcases!)."
Also they mention that it happened on 27th of march, which was the closing day of the show.

Knowing this fair very well, I think the following happened: afternoon 16:00 only a few visitors are there (only givaway lurkers, no professionals). Everyone starts to strike the tents. After 30 minutes there is no real booth anymore but only two luggage carts with all the guitarcases, displays and their suitcases. One guy leaves to bring in the car, the other guy stays basically at the booth but talks to the people of the neighbour booth. Now it takes two seconds of nonattention to move away the two luggage carts.
And no one will find it mentionworth, because at that moment fivethousand luggage carts with instruments and suitcases are moved through the halls of the fair.

Everyone with experience in large fairs and trade shows knows, that the setup or disassembly of the show, is the time, when most things are stolen.

This does not mean that I would not be sorry for them.

Florian