Re: OT Create your own Impulse models for freeware Convolution Reverbs

Yep, ...but I don't think white noise would do it either.

What's needed is a transient.

At a pinch, you could get each choir member to clap their hands.

To make a profession grade impulse, you need a high quality
speaker to play a frequency swept sine wave(called a chirp).
Then back in the studio you take that recording and convolve it
with the reverse of your sine sweep.

...and sadly, the broken speaker idea wont work either,
a broken speaker doesn't have a linear response.

The ideas may still make great *unexpected* sounds of course.

andy