OT Fireworx figured out

  Hey Per I tried your feedback trick with the fireworx, very cool,
And that helped me  finally figured out how to use envelope detection
as an effective method for creating a ducking delay effect, and also
have been experimenting with using envelope detection to control the
mix on reverb as well. I applied your  suggestion to a patch that i
like that has a two tapped delay and a  dual pitch shift with delay
set to 5th above and 4th below the fundamental. Both the delays and
the pitches are set to a 1/4 note against dotted 1/8 note syncopations
and controlled by external clock from  my Lp-1 . Envelope detection is
handling mix for the delays and feedback for the pitches, while an
expression pedal is handling feedback for the delay and mix for the
pitches along with a slight increase in mix for the reverb. The pitch
shift delays are set to come in only at full toe down position of the
expression pedal and the feedback is set high enough to go in to self
oscillation. The combination of control of parameters from an
expression pedal and envelope detection, is really inspiring and is
causing me to rethink how i can apply effects, even ones that I have
grown   bored of using.
For those of you who might not understand,  on the Fireworx, like many
of the new software based DSP systems, it is possible to have your
input signal control effects parameters, meaning my hand dynamics and
the amount of notes I play can be used to change the amount of mix of
a delay, or the speed of a modulation effect or the feed back, etc.
With Ducking or dynamic delay for example, The strategy is to set the
envelope detection so when no input signal is present, the delay mix
is audible, but as you play more notes the mix backs off so that the
echo trails don't sound louder than the notes being played. What I
love most about this application is if I play really muted, staccato
or pizzicato  I can hear the delay in the gaps of what I'm playing,
if I slur notes I won't hear the delay until I pause, and if I hold
notes for any length of time and then release them, the delay trail I
hear has lost its attack and has a soft bloom to the echo trails,
giving it a more analog quality.
Thanks again Per for the tip, and I'm really enjoying your new record
with Erdem, did you announce to LD? Sorry if I let the cat out of the
bag.
Bill