Re: Question about multiple looping setup

Rick and I have had good luck syncing multiple LP-1's together as long
as one follows some general parameters. The most important being if
you intend to switch from one person to the other, as far as who is
initiating the clock, both musicians need to have a preset available
for sync record/overdub for acting as the master, and midi sync record/
overdub for acting as slave.  Also both musicians need a way to merge
midi signals, obviously more musicians might necessitate a midi patch
bay, I shudder at the thought,  but a simple midi merge box or a midi
pedal or controller  that can merge, like the little giant or FCB1010,
can get at least  3-4 musicians in sync using.  Also once a piece has
ended its important to erase all loops to clear the clock so that ,
whoever starts the next clock doesn't have residual clock info coming
from another source. Is very easy to get  the LP-1 to sync with
stability. I've also had good luck syncing an LP-1 to an EDP though
its been a while and I don't remember  what worked better, LP-1 as
master or EDP as master.  I'm just as clueless right now about the
LP-2's sync capabilities, but I would assume from how the LP-1 works
that it will be equally seamless.
Bill