Re: Basic RC-50 Question

Hi Jeff,
The one saving grace of the RC50 IMO, and I do own one, is that you can have un-synchronized loops of any length in a patch, so you could set up two one-shot 'noises' on loops 2 and/or 3 and play them as required without midi control, as Andy suggests. I wish my Repeater could do that.
If you can't afford to spend the other loops that way, It might make sense to run an RC20 or one of it's brethren on the in or the out and that could give you 10 different 'noises' to select from and run them on any patch without preparation. That would give you more flexibility at far less cost of 'real estate' than a floor controller for a floorboard with such limited midi functionality.

Keep in mind that another of the unloveable traits of the RC50 is the minimum loop length of 1 second.  That's a long time, but of course your beep doesn't have to fill the whole loop.
best,
Keith Smith

Jeff Shirkey wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've got what I assume is a pretty basic RC-50 question. I know it's
> somewhat sacrilege around here to talk about canned loops,

LD isn't live looping specific any more than it's
guitar specific ;-)

> Can the RC-50 stop/start canned blips, bleeps, and other assorted loops
> that I can trigger via MIDI from my controller?

not sure, the RC-50 has a pathetic midi implementation,
but may *just* do what you want.
Check out the manual, there's a very limited couple of midi
commands available at any one time (with the RC-50 menu system
being used to select them ).
It may be that you could set to select a loop, start *and* stop it.
(sorry, I only had the RC-50 for a couple of days on loan, otherwise
 a complete answer would be forthcoming)

andy butler
--
Keith Smith -Guitar