Re: Basic RC-50 Question

Jeff Shirkey wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've got what I assume is a pretty basic RC-50 question. I know it's
> somewhat sacrilege around here to talk about canned loops,

LD isn't live looping specific any more than it's
guitar specific ;-)

> Can the RC-50 stop/start canned blips, bleeps, and other assorted loops
> that I can trigger via MIDI from my controller?

not sure, the RC-50 has a pathetic midi implementation,
but may *just* do what you want.
Check out the manual, there's a very limited couple of midi
commands available at any one time (with the RC-50 menu system
being used to select them ).
It may be that you could set to select a loop, start *and* stop it.
(sorry, I only had the RC-50 for a couple of days on loan, otherwise
  a complete answer would be forthcoming)

andy butler