Re: Re: jazz on tele's etc.

It is definitely a feel thing, Bill.  I have noticed also that I can get a
lower action with flatwounds.

But tone is relative, and they do produce a darker tone...not the same
tone
that you get when
you play with round wounds and turn the tone nob down...I hate the sound
of
the guitar
with the tone nob down anyway.  :)  Most jazz guitarists just prefer a
darker tone, and
the combination of flat wounds with the neck pickup, and an amp tuned
right
is the ticket.

And the best thing about flatwounds I like....I only change my strings
every
6 months. :)

Kris