Re: OT: Free Jazz/Avant-Garde Guitar/Bass/Drum Trios

Here's a few, quick-like:

- David Torn - Polytown (w/Terry Bozzio & Mick Karn, brilliant)
- Mary Halvorson - Dragon's Head (honestly haven't heard it yet, but she
is fantastic, played with Braxton, etc)
- Nels Cline Trio - Sad, Chest, Silencer
- Nels Cline Singers - all three of their albums, the more recent being
the most abstract
- Derek Bailey - Mirakle (w/Jamaaladeen Tacama & Calvin Weston - all
improvised, fantastic stuff, my very favorite fully improvised gtr trio
record)
- Hilmar Jensen - Meg Nem Sa
- John Abercrombie - Gateway (essential)
- Ava Mendoza - not out yet, but soon she'll be recording her trio
called Qwok (w/Weasel Walter & Devin Hoff)

Daryl Shawn
www.swanwelder.com
www.chinapaintingmusic.com