From: Walker Argendeli <heckler0077@bellsouth.net>
To: Loopers-Delight@loopers-delight.com
Sent: Sat, March 20, 2010 11:08:19 PM
Subject: New Loopers

For several weeks now, I've been getting ready to buy a serious loop
pedal.  I've been looking around, investigating, and trying to determine
which is right for me.  I'd like one of the more powerful ones, a la RC-50
or Echoplex.
I realize that software like Ableton is regularly updated, but I'd like a
pedal.  The problem is, RC-50 has been out for awhile, yet some basic
flaws remain while Boss/Roland completely ignores users.  The powerful
Echoplex (gibson digital pro plus) was discontinued some years ago.  Thus,
I'm stuck- what do I buy?  Are there any rumblings of new loopers on the
horizon, whether that's a boss rehaul (or even firmware update), a new
echoplex, or something else?  I'd like something with a lot of features (I
realize I won't use many of them, but I like to have them for tinkering),
but I don't want to be stuck with the limitations of current ones.
Granted, if nobody's heard anything, that leaves me with the current
product lineup.  What's the general consensus: RC-50, echoplex (bought
used), or something else?

Thanks,
Walker