Re: Berhinger FCB1010 CC Values w/ Ableton Looper

To use CC#'s is not the best option with the FCB pedal. You should
really go with notes instead right from the beginning. Use CC#s with
continuous functions (like volume, pan, feedback or anything that
isn't simply "on" or "off"). The functions you mention are all of
on/off character and this is well supported by the Looper plugin of
Live's.

The settings you ask for are to be set in the plugin. I think this is
explained in just a half page in the manual. You could also open that
little "online manual" box at the lower left corner that displays text
information about any part of Live that you move the mouse pointer
over.

Regarding the "not working" expression pedal it may have many causes.
I've seen many brand new FCB's where the expression pedals did not
work at all until you calibrate them. The manual can tell you how to
do that and there are also fine descriptions posted on the web by
users (Google them if you don't like the manual, few does ;-)

The problem can also be that you are using a patch that doesn't
include the second expression pedal. For each patch you create you
have to decide both which pedal/button functions ("pads" as they are
called in the manual) should be active and what specific message they
should send when kicked. For the two expression pedals you can also
set the range - like if you want it to go only from CC value 30 to 128
instead as the usual 1 - 128. Expression pedal settings deteriorate
over time as well (!) so even if you program the pedal to go 1 -128 it
may in fact only send out values 4 - 118, or whatever. Calibrating
fixes this.

Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
www.boysen.se