OT DAED Disturbo DS-1 Distortion Synth mod

Ted wrote:
"I'm also splitting my signal and running two parrallel chains, one
mostly straight (DL4, reverb, distortion) and the other not (DL4,
DAED-modded DS-1, pitch shifter, etc.)  with the latter having a volume
pedal at the end so I can bring it up and down."

I'm so glad that you mentioned the DAED Disturbo DS-1 Distortion Synth
which is a mod of the Boss DS-1 Distortion pedal.

This is one of the coolest pedals I own (and I own a lot) and it's made
by one of our own,
David at Disagreeable Auditory Experience Designs  (the definition of
noise, btw).

It has a lot of versatility and a lot of insane randomness in it and
it's really, really cheap
considering  (he'll mod an existing Boss DS-1 which are available for
$40 brand new these days)
for a mere $50.

I have a 'experienced' a lot of boutique distortion pedals and this is
one of the best and cheapest.
Also, I have to say that it doesn't not destroy the DS-1 to have the mod
done.  You can still use
it conventionally as a DS-1 distortion stomp box.

I'm saving up right now to get one of his Juicy Wahs,  his mod of a
CryBaby wah wah pedal

A very creative fellow and, as I say,   one of our own.

He's at
http://www.helpwantedproductions.com/daed.htm

if anyone is into beautiful noisy ways of manipulating their loops.