re: Shielding, on further investigation

I have had some success with the EB Tech 'Hum Eliminator' which can
isolate two channels.  It's relatively inexpensive and there is an
8-channel version, too.

Biggest bang-for-the-buck:   I lifted the ground in my laptop power
supply.  You obviously would NOT want to do this except for a laptop....

Dan Ash
White Plains, NY
Play what you don't know.  -Miles Davis