From: <looppool@cruzio.com>
To: "Kris Hartung" <khartung@q.com>
Cc: <loopers-delight@loopers-delight.com>
Sent: Monday, March 15, 2010 1:02 PM
Subject: Re: OT: Recommendations for Microphone and Archtop or Acoustic
Guitar

Hey Kris,
I would advise you NOT to use the Rhode NT2a for
your guitar micing purposes.

I own it and the ATM 4033 and the detail on the
4033 is VASTLY better......no comparison.

The Rhode, oddly enough, and though it lacks detail is a wonderful
vocal mic.......it's make human voice sound very natural.

Kris wrote about micing an archtop guitar:
" In the context of large diaphram, I may consider the Rode NT2a"

For what it's worth,   the Guitarist/Harpist Bruce Abrams and I will be
trying out the SE1a (pencil condenser) and the ATM 4033
in contrast with a Neumann KM84  and and the same ATM 4033
this coming week.

I'll post the subjective results of our listening experience when we do