Re: Shielding, was: Constant buzzing - can it be killed!

sorry, I did not read the whole story, so I may say something stupid, I
just try:

- there is electrostatic and electromagnetic interference.
If the noise is just picked up by magnetic pickups, its the magnetic noise
and all the high frequency stuff is unlikely the problem, much rather some
big transformer, motor or wiring loop, basically a coil.
If a unshielded wire also picks up the noise, its electrostatic and there
are many more options of sources.

- as long as you have suspects for any household machine, its easier to
just disconnect that system than typing the suspect here ;-) . you can
even try switching off whole parts of the house with the main fuses or
connect your whole system to a different part of the house with an
extension.

use the narrow down strategy and eliminate options systematically.
this strategy can fail, though, if its a combination of noise sources.
so it may be interesting to put all tests on a paper and rethink them if
nothing seems to make sense...

good luck!
Matthias