Re: Looperlative fervant hope

On Fri, Mar 12, 2010 at 3:00 AM, G <gigs@paradise.net.nz> wrote:
> The Boss RC-50 appears to be a joke when it comes to midi timing, and
> has fixed memory.

You can use the USB interface import and export loops and (I think)
replace the internal drum samples. Regarding sync: the RC-50 works
fine as a master and can be slaved if you send a midi start from the
master. It can do feedback on 1 track when you use the aux output and
inputs to create a feedback loop. This is a workaround but it works
fine. Big plus: it is very stable.

> I am not interested in going the computer route... I have an IT
> background, and I'd much rather use purpose built hardware.

I have an IT background too and use both hardware and software
loopers. Imo, if you treat a computer like a dedicated hardware
looper, it can work like a hardware looper but it requires discipline
and testing hours. Keep in mind that every hardware loopers internally
runs on software, 100% hardware does not exist. What you also could do
is combining a laptop and the LP1. Expensive, but the LP1 allows you
to import and export loops you recorded via the built-in Ethernet
interface. Another idea: Bob has been working on a built-in storage
solution for the LP1.
--
Sjaak Overgaauw
http://premonitionfactory.com/