Re: Enver Izmailov (guitarist)

On Thu, Mar 11, 2010 at 1:20 PM, andy butler <akbutler@tiscali.co.uk>
wrote:
> Per said
>>>
>>>  A nice thing, that attracts me, with the Stick is that it allows you
>>> make a helluvalottanoise without the need for putting some parts into
>>> a looper.
>
> ?
> ...but that's possible with most guitar related (and ancestor)
> instruments.

Certainly. But I was referring to the option to play it like two
"jamming" instruments, using one hand on each side of the fretboard
and each side going out through separate outputs through different amp
rigs. That particular multitasking quality is rarely found in other
instruments, except the piano, the harp and similar.

> Downside with the stick is that the range of tones to be got
> by varying the playing technique is (...a quick count..)
> .....one. Maybe not an issue, but for me it takes away
> about 90% of the music.

Yes, but I don't have a problem with that as I can pick up another
instrument anytime. I'm more wooed by the multitasking orchestral
aspects of the Stick.

Per