Re: vst (win) -> vst (osx)

Wow, this is wonderful!   Thanks for posting it.

VFX 1.1   VST plugin player
http://www.apple.com/downloads/macosx/audio/vfx.html

Quite honestly,  the gigantic and overwhelming profusion of very
creative freeware VST  instruments/effects
created by young amateur programmers and their inability to play on a
lot of Mac only apps
has been one of the biggest reasons why I tend to steer my youngest
digital audio students
towards the Evil PC side of the computer audio world (that and the
overwhelmingly affordable
nature of the PC side versus the Mac side) but this really levels that
particular playing field in
one , freeware, fell swoop.

To me,  both platforms have so much to offer in the way of great
programs and great effects
that the way to go , if one can afford to,  is obviously a MacBook Pro
with both OS X and
Win XP or 7 but NOT Vista on two partitions, running Boot Camp to switch
between them.

This, of course,  means that one must have the financial resources to
purchase such a relatively expensive beast.

Nowadays there are a plethora of really cheap , brand new but trailing
technology PC laptops and desktops for
sale at a fraction of the cost so I always take into account someone's
budget (and future projected budget)
when helping them design a home studio.................there is,
afterall,  break out boxes,  microphones, headphones,
monitor speakers and software to purchase or acquire too.

This begs the question,   if you had the smallest budget possible,  what
would you invest in if you had to build
a computer music studio from scratch.

That's the subject of another tangentially off topic post, however.

Rick Walker