Re: Syncing Eigenharp Pico with Boss RC-50

Hi Mark / Per,

To my absolute shame I have never heard of the EDP method (!) ... glad Per was able to respond to that one :) I'm running OS X (Tiger) - what would you guys recommend I look into EDP wise? It sounds like a perfect solution, and I know that there are a few Pico owners who use the likes of Bidule but I'd be interested in what everyone here thinks. The Pico is capable of either clocking to MIDI from an external device/software, or the other way round, so technically anything is possible!

Regarding the competition Mark they've extended the deadline by a month so I have to wait another 30 days to find out ... fingers very much crossed :)

Thanks for your messages and looking forward to your ideas

K x

On 1 March 2010 10:55, Per Boysen <perboysen@gmail.com> wrote:
On Mon, Mar 1, 2010 at 10:11 AM, mark francombe <mark@markfrancombe.com> wrote:
> OK but presumably i could loop an audio loop into say an EDP... from the
> pico, then the edp would send midi clock out, Then the pico would be able to
> record in synch.. correct?
> That way I dont need to hear a drumloop... or click?

That's a nice setup model that I have been using myself from day one
in all my live looping. If generalizing this rig concept it looks
like:

A) Instrument, effects, small looper pre main looper. (synced to B)
B) Main looper. (sending sync signal to A)

As stage A I have been using units like TC Electronics FireworX,
Eventide Eclipse, drum machines, filter banks, Eletrixpro Repeater and
recently software like Bidule and Mainstage.

As stage B I have been using mainly an EDP and recently Mobius
software plugin looper.

I to am looking forward to finding out the details on how the Pico does this.

Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
www.boysen.se
www.perboysen.com