Re: nels cline: stained radiance DVD

wott he said :-)

-----Original Message-----
From: scott hansen
Sent: Feb 27, 2010 6:03 PM
To: Loopers-Delight@loopers-delight.com
Subject: nels cline: stained radiance DVD

OMG-i have watched the 1st performance and the extras, will probably watch the 2nd performance tonight, it is amazing.
as i was watching it, i thought: crap, back to the drawing board for me on making more weird noises. it is inspiring stuff.
(note: although my wife thought it was atonal noise!)
if you're a nels c fan, or like experimental sounds-it is a great dvd of stuff.
if i was still teaching drawing/painting it is also a great look into the creative process.
(thank F***ING god i'm still not teaching), but it is still a great dvd and inspirational.
from what i've watched it is hard to see all the pedals he uses-AND MAN he uses A LOT of stuff!!!! he does some great stuff w/ the korg kaoss pad 2 and seems like a lot is the
electro harmonix 16 sec digital delay....but during it all he's banging on the neck, scraping the strings, etc etc....i mean the sounds he coaxes out i think are inspiring. if you want to see some "out of the box playing" this is it....
i don't think i can say enough about this dvd....except thanks to those who made it, and thanks to stan for pointing it out last week!!!!
s---