Re: Confusion with AKG pickup

I use an AKG C 411 with the MPA VL

AKG made 2 models of the C411 - one terminating in regular XLR, and
one terminating in mini XLR.

If you have the C411 mini XLR model - the mini end of the MPA VL
connects to the mini end of the C411 and the regular XLR end of the
MPA VL connects to your phantom power supply.

so, unless I misunderstood, you should be good to go!

with the old model C411  (I have one of these too) you just connect
the XLR end into the power supply and you don't need the MPA VL in
between

best, Zoe