looping computer

hello,

I am a poet composer and performer, both French and American. I have been
lurking and interjecting on this list for a while. I am now facing some
serious engagements which will call for looping and must make some
choices; would appreciate some help and feed back.

My main looping tools are a Loperlative LP1 and a Big Little Giant
footpedal. Input come from : voice, various acoustic and electronic
percussion and chapman stick.

I have excluded an older PowerBook laptop with Ableton Live from my set
up, because at the time, looping tools in software were too rigid. Also, I
have an aversion to looking at screens on stage; I am a performer I want
to look at people when I perform, not screens!

Anyway, getting to the point after this digression: I am faced with the
necessity of using windows to edit the Gordius foot pedal and other synths
and devices in my setup. I have been offered a used ACER Aspire 5672 WLMi
for 200eu (300 us dollars) but was also told his is not a reliable
computer. Being a Mac user for a quarter of a century, I am immediately
drawn to getting a 13 inch MacBook pro. Not the same price but a better
investment, I believe.

Can I rely on Paralells to give me a good windows environment : Gordius
editor, Spectralis editor, etc... Should I use Windows XP pro or will a
lesser system do the trick

I have a Yamaha board with a MLan card in it, this MacBook could also be
my recording machine on stage.

Anyway, that's the story-)

Antony Hequet

www.antonyhequet.com