Re: Macbook Pro 2.26GHz OK for Audio Recording?

Paul that sounds like the same machine I use which has been excellent (also bought used) except for one display issue that I'm told comes with the territory of 17" MBP's which mine is.  I've lived with it but the lower 1/3 of the display lost picture, which it's either an invertor board (does the back light) or it's time and separation between the display element and the backing which I've also been told.  Sometimes it pops in and goes off again.

Re the machine stability otherwise has been excellent and is my baby, probably too much.  I use it for Final Cut work, all audio production which includes Audacity, Reaper as post and the NinJam and I've used iSight for many of my webcast projects.  I also ran Mobius on it for a while which did great though I have since returned to a hardware looper.  I'm very dedicated to OSX though I use Windows in my work work and part of our household is Windows based but I find the Apple quite at home for all my music and video production needs.  Actually I think mine which is the first gen Intel Mac is 2.16Gz.  It is limited to 2 gig of ram which is one drag but beyond that very stable.

I'd go for it.

Jim Goodin
www.jimgoodinmusic.com
www.chinapaintingmusic.com