From: Per Boysen
To: Loopers-Delight@loopers-delight.com
ReplyTo: Loopers-Delight@loopers-delight.com
Sent: Feb 20, 2010 1:10 PM
Subject: Re: All help is appreciated: I found looper's delight by...

On Sat, Feb 20, 2010 at 5:30 PM, JT Platt <jtpsavage25@yahoo.com> wrote:

> 3-Loop time.  This is more of a query than anything else.
> I see some machines that seem to have good qualities, yet only
> 15-30 seconds of time per loop.  On the surface, this seems a bit short.
> Is there anything on the market that allows for more time without much
> degradation in the original signal?

One reason many musicians are happy with rather short loop time is
that they tend to use the looper a bit like an instrument rather than
as a recording device. When you do that, ie "play" the looper, you
don't just "record something and let it repeat"; you may instantly
change all your loops as they spin side by side and the resulting
music becomes a texture that is something else than a chunk of
performed music that repeats.

Players that like also long looping time might chose a system based on
configurable hardware as a computer running looping software and an
appropriate audio interface.

> 4-Ability to save loops.
That's convenient if you want to create loops in order to make actual
music of them later on. But if you play live looping music as
performance you may be more interested in catching your performance
and then a simple stereo recorder would do the job well.

Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
www.boysen.se
www.perboysen.com