Re: Electrical current

The 12v is like putting a 9V battery next to your hand except have a couple pieces of plastic and maybe some shielding between you and the battery.  Bad stuff (what I consider bad) is having 250K Volts in overhead lines close to houses.  If you've seen a transformer explode that gives you an idea of the power being passed through those lines.

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Tuesday, February 16, 2010 4:27 PM
Subject: Re: Electrical current

Hi Toby,

Thanks for your response. Just to be clear. The question I was asking (which essentially, you've answered) was what voltage I should expect to be exposed to when using any outboard gear powered off mains. I'm powering my graphtech piezo system with an Axon AX-50, and I'm measuring 12 volts? Forgive my ignorance, I'm far from an electrical engineer! :-)

Ricky