Re: A multi channel looper

On Wed, Feb 10, 2010 at 2:01 PM, JAMES FRASER <thejamesfraser@btinternet.com> wrote:
A multi input and output looper that can take several different sources - microphone (x2)guitar, stompbox, keys etc and output to different amps. I'd also like to not be constrained as I am on the Akai to only being able to overdub the same loop length as the first loop; I'd like to be able to record say 2 bars then overdub a 32 bar loop over that, if you know what I mean.

The above, among other things, is possible on the system I'm using now based on a Macbook and an RME Fireface400. I used to loop on a Repeater and EDP but today I'm finding it more efficient to to split the software and hardware parts in order to design alternative stage rigs for different projects. The particular software Looper I use is Mobius and for effects, audio and MIDI routing I use Mainstage. With a recent live band I don't even use Mobius, just a bunch of parallel instances of the Loopback looper plugin that is part of Mainstage plus some tempo flexible loop Playback instances as well as dub delay effect setup (TapeDelay plugin, has freeze audio loop capability and varispeed flutter, inertia etc) on a break-out signal from the lead vocalist.

Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
www.boysen.se
www.perboysen.com