RE: Hi Everybody

Thanks Jeff,
Sounds like some sage advice. I wil certainly continue to keep an open
mind.

Here is the post you are referring to for context:

I know what you mean but I'm really hoping to at least be able to get
the clocks to sync because my output goes into both a guitar amp and
small pa so I need the separation offered by two channels. My main
concern is somehow being able to separate out the guitar signal from the
rest of my stuff. I run bass into the board, mic hand drums and also use
vinyl and a scratch mixer to drop beats into the mix. Vocal harmony
would also not sound quite right going through my twin. I suppose I
could just mic the guitar amp but it never ends up sounding quite right
to me when I do it this way.
I'm just not a big fan of the modelling stuff so guitar into the board
is out.
I had a 2880 fo a while and it worked great because it handled stereo,
but the "multiply" feature is what eventually made me go to the
echoplex.
I'm debating whether to just sell the echoplex setup and get a boomerang
3.
Has anyone played with one? It seems to do everything I need but the
echoplex learning curve was just so long I'm reluctant to give it up.

Thanks,
Ace

On Feb 9, 2010, at 9:34 AM, Loaf citious wrote:

> Ace -
>
> "I'm just not a big fan of the modelling stuff so guitar into the
> board
> is out."

I missed the context of your post, but I just wanted to chime in real
quickly, in case you may give a rat's ass. lol

The new Line 6 stuff is simply superb--and I'm a complete tube amp,
bootek pedal snob. The drive fx on the Line 6 M13/M9 are excellent. I
mean truly, truly great. The other fx are very nice, too, in the vast
majority of cases. The delays lack a little bit of warmth, so I'm
sticking to my Eventide gear for those--although the Line 6 Memory Man
model is fantastic.

My point? Don't rule out an M13 or M9, depending on your needs.

Jeff