RE: Energy XT anyone?

I'm looking at the live mode in particular. It looks really interesting. I'm primarily interested in freely cross fading different pieces spontaneously live and this feature looks just the ticket with it's midi and audio capabilities "modularised" in this way. I was wondering how stable it was though. I've not read of any one havng crashes using it yet.. I've found it very intuitive and I can integrate it into my audiomulch setup.. I'm very tempted I must say. This could open up possibilities of midi looping as well as audio... hmmm

From: HDean@wcupa.edu
To: loopers-delight@loopers-delight.com
Date: Mon, 8 Feb 2010 08:36:23 -0500
Subject: RE: Energy XT anyone?

Just yesterday I looked again at using it as a VST in Bidule to play loops of CCs, which would be sent to VST instruments and effects. However, I have to say that I find the program really clumsy. Also, it does not present transport controls to the host, so it seemed impossible to use selectively except via switching from processing to bypass. But I may decide that is acceptable, in which case my plan as of last night was to create the cc files in Cubase and then load them in EnergyXT.

The potential use of the program for playing MIDI files, in my case solely for ccs, is the only purpose I’ve ever had in mind.

Hal