Re: Firewire interface recommendations

On Fri, Feb 5, 2010 at 6:06 PM, André Donawa <andre@andredonawa.com> wrote:
> I was wondering how low is your latency?

I use long attack and slow release sounds with my Premonition Factory
project so latency it's not an issue for me. Even with high buffer
sizes of 512, I think it's about 25ms. But when I'm playing
rhythmically, a buffer size of 128 is ok, 256 is my limit. What also
helps to get used to latency is to play on stage monitors not to close
to you. I don't know the exact numbers but 1 meter equals to x ms
latency. It's a good training too when you have to prepare for a live
gig.
--
Sjaak Overgaauw
http://premonitionfactory.com/