recording in 32 bit - interface and plugins

Hi!

I have one question. I read about recording and bits. Some books and dvds, recommand the use of 32 bit. This avoid clipping and is suppose to sound better then 24 bit. And its good choice because many softwares uses this as internal architecture (Izhaki, Tischmeyer). I uses Ableton, Motu Traveller, and Oxford plugins.

Whats the relation between the interface, software and bits? Is there any point of me choosing 32 bit in my Abelton software, if my Motu interface preamps is 24 bit?

What about my plugins (Oxford), I think this are made for working in 24 bit, can I use 32 bit in Ableons preference?

Does anyone know whats Abletons internal working architecture?

Best regards
Rune Fagereng, Norway

Bruker du Yahoo!?
Lei av spam? Yahoo! Mail har den beste spambeskyttelsen
http://no.mail.yahoo.com