Re: OT Which Desert Island Stomp Box Pedal in each Category Would you Choose

Chris Sewell wrote:

> $50 an hour to go online and ask other people for there opinions?
> Where do I sign up?

Well, first, Chris,  you study music for 51 years, teach 3,000 people how
to learn how to play music,  do a few hundred gigs,  a few hundred studio
sessions and dozens of tours as I have.

Then you struggle to eek out a living in a culture that doesn't value your
expertise.

Occasionally,  and I mean, really occasionally,  you get a client who has
enough money
that they are willing to pay your for your time to help them out (because
they don't have as much time on their hands due to their businesses).
This is not a bad or usurious thing, necessarily.

*******

The fact of the matter is that I have a pretty extensive understanding of
effects processors,
stomp box pedals and DSP processing.  I've run the Stomp Box Pedals at
tribe for several
years and own more foot pedals than is good for anybody.

At the same time,  there are more pedals out there than anyone could ever
experience and I've always had to buy pedals on a professional musicians
budget (not very large) so I've discovered
great pedals that are relative bargains.

I respect my client and I respect the knowledge base of this wonderful
list that I consider
to be part of my extended family in life,  so I wanted to see what else
people have to say, especially when hunting bargains (as I've always done)
is not a priority.

As a professional musician during very, very hard economic times,  this
situation has been a godsend and in this case,   the person hiring me
has provided me with a lot of lucrative work at a time when I desperately
need it.

It's been a godsend and I sincerely hope you haven't been offended by my
thread.

I've learned a lot from it so thanks, everyone.