Re: OT Songs from Wavlet tranforms

On Mon, Feb 1, 2010 at 8:50 PM,  <mike@michaelplishka.com> wrote:
> Anyone know of software that would allow one to take a picture of a
>wavelet
> transform (or perhaps a picture that is interpreted as one) and make a
>sound
> from it?

Maybe....
But please, what is "a wavelet transform"?

Ideas:
Anything graphical that happens on a computer (the "wavelet transform"
again...) can be captured as a screen shot image by very simple key
strokes. The software instrument Alchemy (by Camelaudio) is an example
of a software that can interpret an image as sound. Metasynth is
usually mentioned too, in these type of discussions, but with
Metasynth you actually create an image as a visual interface of actual
sound design. Cameleon 5000 (also by Camelaudio) can also make sound
from images and I guess that's the algorithm Alchemy draws on.

Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
www.boysen.se
www.perboysen.com