Re: Boss RC50 and MPC midi sync problems!

In a live situation, that's quite annoying?

2010/1/28 Oldfolks Home Music <oldfolkshomemusic@gmail.com>

the 9/7 was a typo.  I meant 9/8.  Moving on.  I FIGURED IT OUT!  Kind of.  Although it means a little extra work.  Heres what I did...

MPC -Master
RC50 - Slave

On each machine set the desired tempo.  This must be set on both machines or it will not work.  Then set the MIDI SYNC under the SYSTEM tab on the RC50 to REMOTE.  The MPC should be set to output MIDI CLOCK on whatever midi out you pick.

When you press PLAY on the MPC the looper will start automatically, but it won't take the tempo (that's why you set and save it in the patch!).  The problem here is that the looper starts recording immediately (which blows)  so you either have to start the loop right away or set the first phrase to auto-overdub.  In the later situation, you essentially record an empty loop the length of loop you want to record, then after pressing the PLAY / RECORD pedal, when the "loop" is on it's "second" pass you start recording the real loop.

it means that before you start every song with both machines, that you have a count-in the length of your first loop.  What a bitch.  But it works, it stays in sync.