Re: Boss RC-50 sync issues

Thats so annoying because it says it does in the manual!  I have never been lied to so blatantly before by a users guide!

On Wed, Jan 27, 2010 at 4:53 PM, Toby G <carpet8@mac.com> wrote:
Well the RC-50 usually doesn't want to sync to anything.  If you use it as a master it syncs fine.

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Wednesday, January 27, 2010 2:46 PM
Subject: Boss RC-50 sync issues

Hello Everyone, this is my first post so you will all have to forgive me if I do or say something wrong!

Moving on, I have recently upgraded from a DigiTech Jamman to a Boss RC-50.  I have also acquired an Akai MPC 2500 which I would like to sync to the RC-50 via midi.  I tried doing it this morning, and although both devices were set to transmit (MPC) and receive (RC50) midi data, the RC-50 would not recognize anything.  I wouldn't sync to the tempo of the MPC, and it almost seemed like it wasn't receiving any information at all.  The MPC has 4 Midi outs and perhaps the one I was using is not working, or it could be the cable, I will try weeding the things out later tonight.

My question is, do any of you run a similar set up and have you encountered the same problem?  I have read in various places the the RC-50 doesn't respond to midi clock from another device very well, but I am hesitant to trust the information.  In any case, any help would be amazing.  I will also try running the RC-50 as the master, but ideally, I want it the other way around.

Thanks to all of you in advance and I hope to hear from you soon!

--
Ricardo Lopez-Aguilar
Oldfolks Home / Solomon Records Music